W&L Community Grants Committee to Evaluate Proposals In March The deadline for submitting a proposal for the Spring 2018 evaluation is 4:30 p.m. on Friday, March 2, 2018.
Washington and Lee University’s Community Grants Committee would like to remind the community of its Spring 2018 proposal evaluation schedule. Proposals may be submitted at any time but are reviewed semiannually: at the end of the calendar year and at the end of the fiscal year. The deadline for submitting a proposal for the Spring 2018 evaluation is 4:30 p.m. on Friday, March 2, 2018.
Established in the spring of 2008, the purpose of the program is to support non-profit organizations in the Lexington/Rockbridge community. The program began its first full year on July 1, 2008, coinciding with the start of the University’s fiscal year. The University will award a total of $50,000 during the program’s 2017-18 cycle.
During the first round of the 2017-18 evaluations held in November, 2017, twenty-nine organizations submitted proposals for a total of over $150,000 in requests. The University made $30,760 in grants to 19 of those organizations. Those organizations were:
- American Red Cross of the Roanoke and New River Valleys Virginia
- The Community Closet at Christ Episcopal Church
- Community Foundation for Rockbridge, Bath, and Alleghany
- The Community Table of Buena Vista, Inc.
- Rockbridge Area Habitat for Humanity
- Hoofbeats Therapeutic Riding Center
- Lexington Police Foundation
- Natural Bridge/Glasgow Food Pantry, Inc.
- PMHS Girls Basketball Program
- PMHS Lady Blues Soccer
- Rockbridge Area Health Center
- Rockbridge Area Relief Association
- The Rockbridge Ballet
- Rockbridge SPCA
- RCHS Girls Soccer Booster Club
- RCHS Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems Program
- Rockbridge Regional Library Youth Literacy
- John’s United Methodist Church
- Rockbridge Area YMCA
Interested parties may access the Community Grants Committee website and download a copy of the proposal guidelines at the following address: http://go.wlu.edu/communitygrants.
Proposals should be submitted as electronic attachments (Word or PDF) via e-mail to email@example.com. Please call (540) 458-8417 with questions. If an electronic submission is not possible, materials may be faxed to (540) 458-8745 or mailed to Washington and Lee University Community Grants Committee, Attn: James D. Farrar, Jr., Office of the Secretary, 204 W. Washington St., Washington and Lee University, Lexington, VA 24450-2116.