The program will include multifaceted dance works created by nationally renowned choreographers, as well as new aerial dance technology.
Featured News, Views and More from Around W&L
Hannah Denham '20 has combined business journalism with women and gender studies at W&L to create a liberal arts education that suits her interests and ambition.
At W&L, sustainability starts with a seed and blossoms into sea change. Take a peek inside our gardening and composting effort to see how it's impacting our community — and the future.
Edwin Castellanos Campos '20 came up with the idea for the special edition after taking a Spring Term sociology/anthropology course about U.S. immigration and refugees.
Becoming a part of the Outing Club at Washington and Lee completely changed Matt Richards's college experience. "My time with the Outing Club has without a doubt had the biggest impact on my time here," he said.
Seen and Heard
"I get to go through these archives all the time and I see the people who have recorded history. This time, I’ll be the one recording history.”~ MaKayla Lorick '19
In Case You Missed It
1. W&L Professor Launches New Podcast, ‘Demystifying Organizations’Jeff Schatten, assistant professor of business administration at Washington and Lee University, said he launched the podcast in part because of student input.
2. Wade Patterson ’20 Receives Prestigious DAAD RISE InternshipPatterson will be interning with a lab at the Senckenberg Natural History Collections in Dresden, Germany.
3. ‘Down Under’ the Australian SunClaire Mackin '20 shares her experiences in Sydney as part of the Sydney Internship and Study Abroad Program.
4. Anne Wilson, Wife of 21st President of W&L, Dies at 84She was at W&L from 1983-1995
5. The Class of 2041: Why I GiveReid Calhoun ‘17 shares how his vision for the future inspires his annual giving.
She was at W&L from 1983-1995
Lynn Rainville, community initiatives fellow at the University of Virginia’s Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities and former dean of Sweet Briar College, will be the inaugural Director of Institutional History at Washington and Lee University.
The Phi Beta Kappa chapter at Washington and Lee University welcomed 46 members of the junior and senior classes.
The award recognizes faculty at Virginia’s institutions of higher learning who exemplify the highest standards of teaching, scholarship and service.
Seen & Heard
Bob Strong's piece was published on Dec. 9 in The Virginian-Pilot.
President Dudley's piece was published on Dec. 7 in The Washington Post.
W&L History Professor Sarah Horowitz addresses "the upper-class claim to a right to rule — and misrule" in the Washington Post.
Professors Michelle Brock, Sarah Horowitz and Molly Michelmore discuss the message and weight behind Confederate monuments on college campuses
People & Programs Distinctly Dubyuhnell
As part of the Sydney Internship and Study Abroad Program, Mariam Samuel '20 is taking courses at the University of Sydney and interning at Wheatley Wealth Management.
Greene's scholarship and advocacy brought about a ban on natural hair discrimination in New York City.
So-called "Lucky Charms" beer release draws hundreds to brewery founded by W&L Law alumnus.