A Few Reminders from W&L Human Resources
• The 2022-23 PATH will officially close on Dec. 1. If you, or someone reporting to you, has an incomplete PATH, please finalize comments and ratings and submit the review prior to Dec. 1.
• The Employee Handbook has been revised to capture changes made since the January 2022 edition. Please refer to the email you received on Nov. 6 for details. The handbook is available on the HR website.
• The University’s holiday schedule is also posted on the HR website. To assist with security, cleaning and heating of buildings, department directors are asked to notify Public Safety and University Facilities if your department will be staffed during the extended winter breaks.
• As we head into the season for potential inclement weather, note the university’s emergency closing policy and associated pay provisions found on pages 14-16 of the Employee Handbook. Please review the information to identify the communication outlets used when there is a closing or delay, instructions for recording time in Workday, and pay provisions for essential employees who are required to work during emergency situations.
• As we prepare for the upcoming holiday season with the added stress of shopping, finances, frequent gatherings and coping with the loss of loved ones, we want to remind you that professional, confidential counseling is available through the Carilion Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at 1-800-992-1913. You and your spouse/partner and dependent children can schedule up to four free visits per life situation. Click here to learn more about the benefit and connect with the EAP professional counseling staff.
• Enrichment Week, scheduled for Jan. 3-5, is intended to kick off the new year with a variety of sessions and opportunities for all employees. The agenda is designed to inspire you, to teach you, to expose you to new ideas for hobbies, and to help you connect with colleagues from across campus after the extended holiday break. Details and registration information will be sent soon. For now, please mark your calendar!