WLSO Symposium Looks at Female Leadership during Crises
The Women Law Students Organization at Washington and Lee University School of Law will host the 8th Annual Lara D. Gass Symposium on Women in the Law on Friday, September 17 from 9:00 a.m to 1:00 p.m.
The event will occur through Zoom and is open to the public. Audience members can join the webinar here: https://wlu.zoom.us/j/95501499101
The topic of this year’s symposium is “Female Leaders in Times of Crises.” The symposium is comprised of three panels and will also include keynote addresses from Del. Stephanie Smith of Maryland and Del. Danica Roem of Virginia.
The symposium schedule is below.
- 9:00 – 9:15 AM – Opening Remarks
- 9:20 – 10:05 AM – Keynote Conversations
- 10:10 – 11:00 AM – Domestic Violence and COVID
- 11:00 – 11:15 AM – Coffee Break
- 11:15 – 12:00 PM – Racial Justice
- 12:05 – 12:50 PM – Transgender Rights
- 1:00 – 2:00 PM – Post-Symposium Networking Event
The annual WLSO symposium is named for Lara Gass ’14L, who spearheaded the first Women Law Students Organization panel on women in the law before passing away in a tragic car accident during her third year at Washington and Lee Law School.