Retirees Honored at Recognition Banquet
Nine retiring Washington and Lee employees with a combined 230 years of service to the University were honored at the annual Employee Recognition Banquet on April 21, 2011.
The retirees are:
• George Carras, Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations (1997-2011)
• Jacqueline A. Davis, Non-Book Manager, University Store (1971-2010)
• John P. Doyle, Associate Law Librarian (1986-2011)
• Leon W. Fields Sr., Custodian (1988-2011)
• Carolyn W. Hammett, Administrative Assistant, Williams School (1987-2011)
• Leonard J. Reiss Jr., Technical Services Specialist (1985-2010)
• Joan N. Robins, Director of Hillel (2001-2011)
• Thomas M. Sloan Jr., Custodian, Fraternities (1976-2011)
• Charles E. Ware, Utility Worker, Dining Service (1976-2011)
In addition, the University recognized individuals for years of service. Four staff members who have 35 years of service are W. Scott Beebe (Facilities Management), Darlene T. Moore (School of Law), Granville T. Sweet (Facilities Management), and Thomas W. Tinsley (Information Technology Services).
See the complete list of years of service (pdf).