TD Club of Richmond Honors Miriello
When the Touchdown Club of Richmond named Washington and Lee football coach Frank Miriello as the Virginia Division II/III/NAIA Coach of the Year for 2010, it marked the first time that a W&L coach has ever received the honor.
It was a special season for the Generals and Miriello.
Not only did Miriello pass his former boss, the late Gary Fallon, as the winningest coach in W&L history (his career record now stands at 82-77-1 over 16 seasons), but the Generals also had the best season in the past 39 years, with an 8-3 overall record and a perfect 6-0 mark as champions of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference.
In addition to the Touchdown Club award, Frank was named ODAC Coach of the Year for the fifth time, and the team cleaned up with numerous other honors:
- Five players named to the Roanoke Times All-State team
- Five players named to the VaSID All-State team
- Three players named to the D3Football All-South team
- Eleven players named all-ODAC
- Senior Greg Kurkis named first-team Academic All-American and the ODAC/Farm Bureau Insurance Scholar-Athlete