Washington and Lee Commemorates Veterans Day
In Washington and Lee’s annual commemoration of Veterans Day, held this year on Monday, Nov. 13, current and retired members of the staff, faculty and student body who have served in the military lined up for a photo.
They participated in a brief remembrance in front of Lee Chapel, and then adjourned to the Reeves Center for coffee and further fellowship.
The veterans in attendance included current and retired members of the W&L staff and faculty, as well as a student at the W&L School of Law:
- Buddy Atkins ’68, retiree, (Navy)
- Paul Burns, Safety Office (Army)
- Jerry Clark, Facilities Management (Army)
- Mark Fontenot, Facilities Management (Air Force)
- Paul Youngman ’87, German, Russian, and Arabic Department (Army)
- Ted Hickman, Facilities Management (Army)
- Dick Kuettner, Global Discovery Laboratories (Army)
- Laurie Lipscomb, retiree (Navy)
- Gabrielle Ongies ’18L, law student (Virginia National Guard/Air Force)
- Michael Young, retiree (Army)