W&L Community Grants Committee to Evaluate Proposals in March
Washington and Lee University’s Community Grants Committee would like to remind the community of its Spring 2019 proposal evaluation schedule. Proposals may be submitted at any time but are reviewed semiannually: at the end of the calendar year and at the end of the fiscal year. The deadline for submitting a proposal for the Spring 2018 evaluation is 4:30 p.m. on Friday, March 1, 2019
Established in the spring of 2008, the purpose of the program is to support non-profit organizations in the Lexington/Rockbridge community. The program began its first full year on July 1, 2008, coinciding with the start of the University’s fiscal year. The University will award a total of $60,000 during the program’s 2018-19 cycle.
During the first round of the 2018-19 evaluations held in November, 2018, twenty-four organizations submitted proposals for a total of over $115,000 in requests. The University made $30,036 in grants to 16 of those organizations. Those organizations were:
- American Red Cross of the Roanoke and New River Valleys Virginia
- AmeriCorps VISTA Program
- Boxerwood Education Association
- Bridge to Hope Food Pantry
- The Community Closet at Christ Episcopal Church
- The Community Table of Buena Vista, Inc.
- Rockbridge Area Habitat for Humanity
- Hoofbeats Therapeutic Riding Center
- Mission Next Door
- Natural Bridge/Glasgow Food Pantry, Inc.
- PMHS Boys’ Varsity Soccer
- RACS: Rockbridge Area Prevention Coalition
- RCHS Parent Teacher Student Association
- John’s United Methodist Church
- Valley Program for Aging Services
- Rockbridge Area YMCA
Interested parties may access the Community Grants Committee website and download a copy of the proposal guidelines at the following address: http://go.wlu.edu/communitygrants.
Please call 540-458-8417 with questions. Proposals should be submitted as electronic attachments (word or pdf) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If an electronic submission is not possible, materials may be faxed to 540-458-8745 or mailed to:
Washington and Lee University Community Grants Committee
Attn: James D. Farrar Jr.
Secretary of the University
Chair, Community Grants Committee
204 W. Washington Street
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450