W&L’s Community Grants Committee will evaluate proposals in May 2017
Washington and Lee University’s Community Grants Committee would like to remind the community of its Spring 2017 proposal evaluation schedule. Proposals may be submitted at any time but are reviewed semiannually: at the end of the calendar year and at the end of the fiscal year. The deadline for submitting a proposal for the Spring 2017 evaluation is 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 14, 2017.
Established in the spring of 2008, the purpose of the program is to support non-profit organizations in the Lexington/Rockbridge community. The program began its first full year on July 1, 2008, coinciding with the start of the university’s fiscal year. The university will award a total of $50,000 during the program’s 2016-17 cycle.
During the first round of the 2016-17 evaluations held in November, 2016, 16 organizations submitted proposals for a total of over $96,000 in requests. The university made $24,736.22 in grants to 10 of those organizations. Those organizations were:
- The Community Closet at Christ Church, Buena Vista
- The Community Table of Buena Vista Inc.
- Hoofbeats Therapeutic Riding Center
- Lexington Lyme Disease Support Group
- Miller’s House Museum Foundation
- Natural Bridge/Glasgow Food Pantry Inc.
- Rockbridge Area Relief Association
- Rockbridge Area Transportation System Inc.
- Rockbridge Area Youth Strings (c/o Fine Arts In Rockbridge)
- Rockbridge Regional Library Youth Services Department
Interested parties may access the Community Grants Committee website and download a copy of the proposal guidelines at the following address:
Please call (540) 458-8417 with questions. Proposals should be submitted as electronic attachments (word or pdf) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If an electronic submission is not possible, materials may be faxed to (540) 458-8745 or mailed to:
Washington and Lee University Community Grants Committee
Attn: James D. Farrar Jr.
Secretary of the University
Chair, Community Grants Committee
204 W. Washington Street
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450