W&L’s Community Grants Committee Will Evaluate Proposals in May
Washington and Lee University’s Community Grants Committee would like to remind the community of its Spring 2016 proposal evaluation schedule. Community Grants Proposals may be submitted at any time but are reviewed semiannually: at the end of the calendar year and at the end of the fiscal year. The deadline for submitting a proposal for the Spring 2016 evaluation is 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 15, 2016.
Established in the spring of 2008, the purpose of the program is to support non-profit organizations in the Lexington/Rockbridge community. The program began its first full year on July 1, 2008, coinciding with the start of the University’s fiscal year. The University will award a total of $50,000 during the program’s 2015-16 cycle.
During the first round of the 2015-16 evaluations held in November, 2015, 23 organizations submitted proposals for a total of almost $81,000 in requests. The University made $25,243 in grants to 15 of those organizations. Those organizations were:
- Blue Ridge Autism and Achievement Center
- Buena Vista Arts Council
- Coffeehouse of Rockbridge Inc.
- Friends of the Rockbridge Choral Society
- Hoofbeats Therapeutic Riding Center
- The Lexington Woman’s Club
- Maury River Middle School Agriculture
- Natural Bridge/Glasgow Food Pantry, Inc.
- Rockbridge Area Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
- Rockbridge Area Relief Association
- Rockbridge Area Transportation System, Inc.
- Rockbridge County SPCA
- Roots & Shoots Intergenerational Garden
- Rockbridge Area YMCA
- Rockbridge Regional Library, Youth Literacy
Interested parties may access the Community Grants Committee website and download a copy of the proposal guidelines at the following address:
Please call 540-458-8417 with questions. Proposals should be submitted as electronic attachments (word or pdf) via email to email@example.com. If an electronic submission is not possible, materials may be faxed to 540-458-8745 or mailed to:
Washington and Lee University Community Grants Committee
Attn: James D. Farrar Jr.
Secretary of the University
Chair, Community Grants Committee
204 W. Washington Street
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450