Community Grants Committee: Call for Proposals W&L’s Community Grants Committee will evaluate proposals in early November 2023.
Washington and Lee University’s Community Grants Committee would like to remind the community of its Fall 2023 proposal evaluation schedule. Community Grants Proposals may be submitted at any time but are reviewed semiannually: mid-fall and early spring. The deadline for submitting a proposal for the Fall 2023 evaluation is 4:30 p.m. on Monday, October 30, 2023.
Established in the spring of 2008, the purpose of the program is to support non-profit organizations in the Lexington/Rockbridge community. The program began its first full year on July 1, 2008, coinciding with the start of the University’s fiscal year. The University will award a total of $60,000 during the program’s 2023-24 cycle.
During the second round of the 2022-23 evaluations held in March 2023, 23 organizations submitted proposals for a total of over $108,000 in requests. The University made over $36,000 in grants to 16 of those organizations. Those organizations were:
• Blue Ridge CASA for Children
• Boxerwood Education Association
• Bridge to Hope Food Pantry
• The Brownsburg Museum
• Cats Unlimited
• The Community Table of Buena Vista, Inc.
• Food for Thought Food Pantry
• PMHS Girls Basketball Program
• Rockbridge Area Relief Association
• Rockbridge Area Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
• Rockbridge Christmas Baskets
• Rockbridge Recovery
• St. John’s United Methodist Church Blanket Giveaway Mission
• Valley Associates for Independent Living
• Virginia Institute of Autism
Interested parties may access the Community Grants Committee website and download a copy of the proposal guidelines at the following address: http://go.wlu.edu/communitygrants.
Please call 540-458-8417 with questions. Proposals should be submitted as electronic attachments (Word or PDF) via email to email@example.com. If an electronic submission is not possible, materials may be mailed to:
Washington and Lee University Community Grants Committee
Attn: Jessica L. Willett
Office of the Secretary
204 W. Washington Street
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450